[Last Updated: June 8, 2023]
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data, contact us at: https://crewbar.org/contact-us/
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The types of personal data we use
- How We Use Your Data
- What Other Users Can See
- How We Share Your Personal Data
- Where we store your personal data
- Your Rights and Choices
- The security of your personal data
- Disclosure Your personal data
- How long we keep your personal data
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
The types of personal data we use
Your Profile Information.You give us information when you register on the Platform, including your username, password, date of birth (where applicable), email address and/or telephone number, information you disclose in your user profile, and your photograph or profile video.
Information from Third Parties. You may choose to share certain data with us from third parties or through your use of the Platform, we may collect such third party data automatically. We have set out further detail on the information we receive from third parties below:
If you choose to register or use the Platform using a third-party social network account details (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google) or login service, you will provide us or allow to provide us with your username, public profile, and other possible information related to such account. We will likewise share certain information with your social network such as your app ID, access token and the referring URL. For further information on sharing your Facebook contact list with us, please see Find other users and invite your friends. If you link your account to another service, we may receive information about your use of that service.
Technical Information we collect about you. We collect certain information about the device you use to access the Platform, such as your IP address, user agent, mobile carrier, time zone settings, identifiers for advertising purposes, model of your device, the device system, network type, device IDs, your screen resolution and operating system, app and file names and types, keystroke patterns or rhythms, battery state, audio settings and connected audio devices. Where you log-in from multiple devices, we will be able to use your profile information to identify your activity across devices. We may also associate you with information collected from devices other than those you use to log-in to the Platform.
Location. We collect information about your approximate location, including location information based on your SIM card and/or IP address. With your permission, we may also collect precise location data (such as GPS).
Find other users and invite your friends. You can choose whether to find other users of the Platform using our ‘Find Friends’ function. This functionality allows you to see which of your friends from either your telephone’s contact list or Facebook friends list is using the Platform and offers you the option to follow them. You can also use this function to invite your contacts to join you on the Platform. We will use the contact information you have for that person, either from within your telephone’s contact list or Facebook friends list and give you the option to send them either an SMS, email or third party message (such as Whatsapp, Facebook (including Facebook Messenger) or Twitter) inviting them to view your profile.
Data provided or collected through registration & under your tictic account or participation in Crew Bar’s activities:
- Identifiers, such as:
- Your mobile number (including mobile country/network code);
- Your personal details, (e.g., name, date of birth), if you provided them;
- Your contact details (e.g., email address), if you provided them;
- Your account login details, such as your username and any of your password or security pin-code, which you have chosen, if any;
- Device identifiers, as described below.
- Your photo, if you provided it (including any avatar, etc.).
- Your interests, if you chose to provide them to us.
- Your phone address book, meaning, the names, the phone numbers and the favorites list from your contact lists, if you approved access to them.
- General location, we use IP addresses we collect and additional information (e.g., phone number area codes), to estimate your general location (e.g., city level).
- GPS based location, we will collect the GPS location for very specific purposes (as detailed below), and solely if you gave us permission.
We are collecting contact permission to show the contact list inside the app when a user tries to add a new staff member to their created business.If you change your mind, you can always turn off the “sync contacts” or turn off read permission through your phone settings.
How We Use Your Data
At Crew Bar, we use your personal data to provide you with the best possible Service. This includes administering your account, customizing and improving the Service we offer, processing payments, serving ads and marketing campaigns, providing you with support and for compliance and safety reasons. We explain below the purposes for which we collect and use your personal data, as well as the types of data we use for each purpose.
You can find here information regarding the purposes for which we collect and use your personal data.
Authentication and Account Administration:
Crew Bar uses different types of your personal data to create and administrate your Crew Bar account in order to enable you to register, log in, activate and use the Services. This includes, for example:
- to ensure that you are old enough to use our Platform (as required by law).
- provide you with personalised advertising;
- provide you with location-based services (where those services are available in your jurisdiction);
- To authenticate and verify your account, as well as to make sure you do not already have a Crew Bar account;
- To synchronize your contact list on the App (meaning, in order to show you your contacts on the Crew Bar interface so you contact them through Crew Bar or share an app with them or add them as a member;
- To create your profile, customize your Crew Bar account according to the information you have provided (i.e., name, photo, etc. including where you sign in through your social media account), and display such information as part of your profile when you use Crew Bar Services.
The types of data we will use for such purpose will mainly include (as detailed in the “Data We Collect” section above):
- Data provided or collected through registration & under your Crew Bar account, such as Identifiers, your phone address book;
- Geolocation data;
- Data we collect automatically from your device, such as device identifiers, electronic network activity data, activity data and other device data;
- Data we collect from other sources, such as social media data;
- User Submitted Content.
What Other Users Can See
When you use our Services, other Crew Bar users can see certain data about you, for example, the fact that you are a Crew Bar user or a user of certain Crew Bar Services, the content you voluntarily share, your profile information (subject to your settings), your connection status, etc., as we detail and explain below.
Other users can see on Crew Bar the following data about you:
- Unless you have changed your settings:
- your user name and photo;
- your phone number (if you are in communication with them);
- your connection status;
- whether you have received and seen messages sent to you;
- When you join Crew Bar, the contacts in your address book that are already Crew Bar members may be informed that you’re now on Crew Bar too.
- A reminder about your birthday on the date of your birthday.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We share data with third parties, including our corporate family and with trusted companies that help us provide our Services in compliance with strict data security and privacy practices, as well as other third parties such as our advertising partners, and third parties offering services through our App. We may also share personal data in limited circumstances where we are required to do so under applicable law. You can find here information about the categories of such third-party recipients, as well as the purpose for which the personal data is shared with such third parties.
Your data is kept safe with us, but we do share your personal data with third parties we trust, solely as follows:
The Crew Bar Corporate Family:
We may share the data we collect about you with the Crew Bar corporate family, including our parent company, Crew Bar., and its and our affiliates (as listed HERE) and our subsidiaries, for the following purposes:
- Certain types of data, such as name, personal email, avatar, phone numbers, Crew Bar unique ID, may be disclosed in order to provide joint content and our Services (e.g., registration, coordination of membership accounts between the Crew Bar corporate family, transactions, analytics and customer support);
- Additionally, we may share certain types of data about you as may be necessary to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of Crew Bar policies, fraud and/or data security breaches;
- We share data with Crew Bar’s subsidiaries due to our global operations, as we have teams and offices located worldwide, and each such subsidiary may operate the services or other functions (such as development, etc.) for a certain region;
- Further, we share data with our affiliated company, Crew Bar, as our service provider for our marketing and advertising activities.
Our Service Providers:
We share your personal data with our trusted service providers and business partners that perform business operations for us on our behalf (as data processors) and pursuant to our instructions. This includes the following types of service providers:
- Advertising and marketing service providers, who help us with advertising measurements and app installations;
- Data storage providers, with whom we entrust the hosting and storage of our data;
- Customer support providers, who help us perform such functions as customer support and customer service;
- Data analytics and data management providers, who help us analyze, improve, personalize and enhance our Services;
- Measurement partners, who help us with measurements, tracking and targeting;
- Payment and fintech services providers, who enable processing payments and fintech actions on our app;
- Data security partners, who help us detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches and ensure compliance with legal obligations.
Where we share information with services providers and partners, we ensure they only have access to such information that is strictly necessary in order for us to provide the Services. These parties are required to secure the data they receive and to use the data for pre-agreed purposes only, while ensuring compliance with all applicable data protection regulations (such service providers may use other non-personal data for their own benefit).
We share information with advertisers and third-party measurement companies to show how many and which users of the Platform have viewed or clicked on an advertisement. We share your device ID with measurement companies so that we can link your activity on the Platform with your activity on other websites; we then use this information to show you adverts which may be of interest to you.
Legal and Law Enforcement:
Subject to our strict data security and privacy practices and without compromising our end-to-end encryption, we may disclose certain types of your data, including, and depending on the circumstances, Activity Data, Identifiers and your phone address book, to law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to terror acts, criminal investigations or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other World Cruise Academy user to legal liability, and solely to the extent needed to comply with such purpose.
If you choose to Buy Coins or conduct other payment related transactions, we will share data with the relevant payment provider to facilitate this transaction. For Coin transactions, we share a transaction ID to enable us to identify you and credit your account with the correct value in coins once you have made the payment.
Where we store your personal data
The personal data we collect from you may be stored on a server located in Singapore or the United States, outside of the country where you live. We maintain major servers around the world to bring you our services globally and continuously.
Your Rights and Choices
You can access and edit most of your profile information by signing into Crew Bar. You can delete the User Content you uploaded. We also provide a number of tools in Settings that allow you to control, among others, who can view your information. Should you choose to do so, you may delete your entire account in Settings. You may also be afforded certain rights under applicable laws, which may include the right to access, delete, update, or rectify your data, to be informed of the processing of your data, to file complaints with authorities, and potentially other rights. If you have any questions on how to use the above tools, want to know about what rights you may have or want to exercise them, or have any requests, inquiries, or complaints, please contact us at: https://crewbar.org/contact-us/
The security of your personal data
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will protect your personal data, for example, by encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted via the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. We have appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of you and other users. We maintain these technical and organizational measures and will amend them from time to time to improve the overall security of our systems. We will, from time to time, include links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
How long we keep your personal data
We retain your information for as long as it is necessary, for example, to comply with our contractual relationship or to provide you with our service. Where we do not need your information in order to provide the service to you, we retain it only for so long as we have a legitimate business purpose in keeping such data, as may be allowed by applicable laws. However, there are occasions where we are likely to keep this data for longer in accordance with our legal obligations or where it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. After you have terminated your use of our Platform, we store your information in an aggregated and anonymous format.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under this age.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. Therefore, we do not knowingly collect personal data via our websites, applications, services, or tools from anyone under 13. In the EEA, certain default privacy settings will be /applied to users under the age of 16 and can only be changed if the legal guardian instructs so in writing.
We may modify or update this privacy notice from time to time.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: https://crewbar.org/contact-us/
- By phone number: 62081227112363
- By mail: Jalan Kenanga 23 Sambilegi Maguwoharjo Depok Sleman Yogyakarta Indonesia